Sunday, June 8, 2008

Remodeling Blues

While browsing around on the Country Home magazine website, I found a few photos of rooms that I like. I love the light color palettes, the natural light that fills these spaces, and the almost sparseness of the decor. This seems to be the direction I am going when it comes to what I want for my own home.










Tomorrow we are going to resume working on our daughter's room. It has been over a month since we have done any kind of remodeling and we are ready to get going. Al's ankle is feeling better and he can get around without crutches now. It looks like surgery may not be needed after all since his ankle is healing and both bones are still in alignment. I get discouraged sometimes because it seems like every project we start takes ten times longer to complete than what we had planned. I will post some pictures of Jenna's room tomorrow and show you what we have done so far. Until then, I'm wishing everyone a nice, relaxing Sunday!


Eva

6 comments:

Lettered Cottage said...

Can't wait to see the pictures!

SeaWorthy said...

Hey Eva,
I do sooooo love that green and white stripe furniture in this post. Thats totally me. I am soooo tormented when it comes to decorating my own home, there are soo many things out there that are inspiring and worthy.
Sure do like the ol blog of yours!
keep up the good work.
lisa
coastal nest

JoAnne said...

Hi Eva,

I found your blog today and just love it! In fact, stop over to my blog as I have something for you. Take care, JoAnne

Anonymous said...

Hi Eva. Im visiting from Joanne's blog. I love your style and cant wait to dive in on all of your post! I too love that clean crisp feel of a room but I somehow always seem to clutter it up with things I love! So nice to meet you, Susie H

Eva said...

Layla, I'm afraid the pictures may disappoint as there isn't much to see yet.
Thanks Lisa!
JoAnne, you are too kind. Thank you!
Susie, Thanks and I am guilty of clutter myself. I inherited it from my grandmother I think. I am trying to pare down and simplify though.

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

I love all three of these rooms. So bright and clean and happy.

By the way, you're not the only one who gets discouraged by how long projects take. Sometimes I feel like my house will never be "finished." We joke that as soon as it is, it'll be time to move. That's the way it always seems to work out, anyway! -Julia :-)