Monday, June 9, 2008

Jenna's Room & Thrift Store Treasures

As I promised yesterday, here are some pictures of Jenna's room and the little bit of progress that we have made so far. There isn't much to see yet but hang in there with me guys!

We have the drywall up and one coat of mud on. Two more coats to go. I need to rip out the carpet and padding and pull up the staples. Probably should have done that first, huh?

This chandelier came in our dining room when we bought our home. I am going to paint it white and put a pearl finish over it.

I scraped the popcorn texture off the ceiling. You really can't tell much from this picture I don't think.

We are going to install some type of wainscotting around the room as well, which will be painted white. Her walls will be pink since that is her favorite color. I am thinking a pale, muted pink-not too bright. I have a pine hutch that will go in her room to hold books and toys, and a pine daybed. I am going to paint the daybed because the finish is too orange.

My mom and I went to a couple of our local thrift stores today and I found some cute things.

A cute mini pitcher & bowl.



Four picture frames.

Another pitcher. I love cream or white pitchers.

A pedestal bowl which I filled with pine cones. Shells would be pretty, too.


This rooster was painted gold and silver! I decided to paint it antique white.

Tomorrow I will post some pictures of the pine hutch I have for Jenna's room and some of the things I have bought for her room, as well as some ideas I have for her room. Warning-I will be seeking some advice so come back tomorrow and help me! Thanks everyone & goodnight.

Eva

2 comments:

Kim @ Twice Remembered said...

The room is looking great! I know you are so glad to get drywall up. The chandelier will look awesome white but I like it now, too!

You're like me, you gravitate toward all the white things at thrift stores. You've found some some treasures!

Eva said...

Hi Kim, I have thought about leaving the chandelier as it is. I just may do that.
I do gravitate toward the white things! I love them!