Thursday, October 22, 2009

Modern Cottage

I am so loving the idea of mixing cottage and modern styles together. Does anyone else love the juxtaposition of those two particular styles?

We are in the process of putting up unfinished cedar plank paneling in our family room. So far I love the warm, cottage feel the paneling gives the room. I envision this room with elements similar to those pictured below.


The cedar plank paneling is from Lowe's. I like the cream slipcovered couch from Pottery Barn, although I'm not sure the light color would work for us, but in my idea of a perfect room, I would have to have one. A leather ottoman that would age beautifully and add a different texture to the room, like the one pictured from Emmanuel Georges is a must. All of the gorgeous pillows are from allmodern.com. Their pillows have the coolest graphic designs and colors. I already have two tray tables like the ones pictured above from BackyardCity.com. I am going to paint them an espresso color. I love abstract art, and the print above is by Lisa Kowalski and is called "Gold Swirls." The print can be found on art.com. Last, but not least, is the pharmacy lamp. I need this pharmacy lamp! It is a beautiful work of art in my eyes! My room has to have one! The one above is from The Lighting Shop.

I will be hosting a giveaway this coming week, and I would love for you to come and check out what I have to give away to one lucky winner. The item is actually from one of the links I have listed above. This giveaway will only be available to U.S. and Canadian residents. Stop by Saturday to see what the item is and to enter!

No comments: